Below is a list of research publications for Dr Grant Andrews, lecturer at the Wits School of Education at the University of the Witwatersrand
View my ORCID profile for the latest research:
Google Scholar: https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=wgTNZZwAAAAJ
Accredited Journal Articles
- “The Broken Mirror: A Lacanian Psychoanalytic Perspective on John Trengove’s Film Inxeba (The Wound).” Imbizo: International Journal of African Literary and Comparative Studies 10.1 (2019): 1-13. https://upjournals.co.za/index.php/Imbizo/article/view/5848
- “The Emergence of Black Queer Characters in Three Postapartheid Novels.” Tydskrif vir Letterkunde 56.2 (2019): 1-9. ISI Publication https://journals.assaf.org.za/index.php/tvl/article/view/5843
- "The Queer Son and the Declining Patriarch in Post-Apartheid South African Literature: The Subversive Symbol of Water in Mark Behr’s Kings of the Water." Journal of Literary Studies 35.2 (2019): 85-104. ISI Publication https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/02564718.2019.1627107
- “The Boundaries of Desire and Intimacy in Post-Apartheid South African Queer Film: Oliver Hermanus’s Skoonheid”. Image & Text 31.1 (2018): 30-47. http://www.scielo.org.za/scielo.php?script=sci_arttext&pid=S1021-14972018000100002
- “Liminal Spaces & Conflicts of Culture in South African Queer Films: Inxeba [The Wound]” ALT 36: African Literature Today 36, 2018.
- “Moffie”, sidebar as part of a section entitled “Terminology, Translation and Africanization of…”. Global Encyclopedia of Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender, and Queer History. Ed. Howard Chiang. Publisher: Charles Scribner's Sons, 2019.
- “Review: Submerged by Louis Wiid”. WritingThreeSixty 2 (2), 58-64. Available online: https://uwcjournal.files.wordpress.com/2016/12/w360v2i2.pdf
Published Informational Book
- How to Understand and Accept Your Gay Son (Even If You’re Not Sure You Can). Co-author: Malan van der Walt (M.Ed Psych.). Kindle Publishing, 2015. Eds. Kenneth Hopson and Andrew Carolin. Available online at https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00TCNQRV2